The following graph is excerpted from The Science of Track & Field: Volume 1 (Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved).
- What information is contained in this graph?
- Name several events from track and field which involve similar patterns of motion as described by this graph.
- What is the maximum height of the device?
- What occurs during the portion of the graph where no acceleration is recorded at all?
- Describe the trajectory of the device.
- What occurs at approximately 3 seconds?
- What forces act on the wireless device?
- What is the maximum force?
- What causes the maximum force to occur?
- How could the maximum force be reduced? Increased?