The following graphs are excerpted from The Science of Track & Field, Volume 3 (Copyright 2014, All Rights Reserved).
- What information is contained in these graphs?
- Is the person running right or left?
- Do both legs go over a hurdle?
- Which leg goes over a hurdle first?
- What is the maximum height of each foot?
- Identify the time span(s) of any jumps.
- What is the speed of the sprinter?
- Is jumping over a 9-inch hurdle different than walking? If so, what would a graph of walking look like? Why?